Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I use thunderbird email program to access my verizon (aol)

I use thunderbird email...

I use thunderbird email program to access my verizon (aol) email. No problems till yesterday, when I started getting these emails from this company called West Elm who I had gotten plenty of good emails from before. I keep getting the same email showing the same time, and don't get any later emails from anyone on thunderbird. I have access to my email on my phone using the AOL app and have none of these problems. How do I get this bogus email to stop sending these emails? I delete them but they keep coming in.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

Since yesterday (Saturday) at 1:36 PM

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Most often I access my email on my desktop through the thunderbird email program

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not much, not sure what to try. I keep deleting the email as it comes in, and remove it from my trash, but more new ones keep coming in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want this particular email to stop and for my newer email to start appearing again

9/24/2017
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Are you seeing this West Elm email in your webmail version of AOL also are you using a windows or mac computer ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I saw it once in webmail and then it went away when I deleted it it did not come back on my windows desktop

OK so even after it was deleted from the AOL web mail it still downloading on Thunderbird am i correct ?

I yes. And I deleted it several times when it came thru my thunderbird email on my desktop

Do you know whether its configured in Thunderbird using POP3 or IMAP settings?

Hold on Let me check. BRB

Sure i will be here.

It is POP

OK in your AOL email can you see all your older to newer email properly?

In that case we might need to create a new profile in Thunderbird and download it all again to clear the data file issue.

How many total emails does it show in AOL email page ?

Right now there are 6 emails showing from west elm that wet posted initially yesterday at 1:36 PM I have a few thousand total in my inbox
wet=were

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

John, Email Support Specialist
I think the process is well underway

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5cc7cff8-f9fd-4852-a87a-09bed26e6a98 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Is your computer restarting now?

Solved the issue using remote support.

Sincerely,