John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

I use thunderbird email program to access my verizon (aol)

I use thunderbird email program to access my verizon (aol) email. No problems till yesterday, when I started getting these emails from this company called West Elm who I had gotten plenty of good emails from before. I keep getting the same email showing the same time, and don't get any later emails from anyone on thunderbird. I have access to my email on my phone using the AOL app and have none of these problems. How do I get this bogus email to stop sending these emails? I delete them but they keep coming in.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: since yesterday (Saturday) at 1:36 PM
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: most often I access my email on my desktop through the thunderbird email program
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much, not sure what to try. I keep deleting the email as it comes in, and remove it from my trash, but more new ones keep coming in
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want this particular email to stop and for my newer email to start appearing again

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Are you seeing this West Elm email in your webmail version of AOL also are you using a windows or mac computer ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I saw it once in webmail and then it went away when I deleted it it did not come back on my windows desktop

OK so even after it was deleted from the AOL web mail it still downloading on Thunderbird am i correct ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I yes. And I deleted it several times when it came thru my thunderbird email on my desktop

Do you know whether its configured in Thunderbird using POP3 or IMAP settings?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hold on Let me check. BRB

Sure i will be here.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It is POP

OK in your AOL email can you see all your older to newer email properly?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.

In that case we might need to create a new profile in Thunderbird and download it all again to clear the data file issue.

How many total emails does it show in AOL email page ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Right now there are 6 emails showing from west elm that wet posted initially yesterday at 1:36 PM I have a few thousand total in my inbox
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
wet=were

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I think the process is well underway

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5cc7cff8-f9fd-4852-a87a-09bed26e6a98 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Is your computer restarting now?

Solved the issue using remote support.

Sincerely,