Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It was necessary to change my email address which was.

Customer Question
It was necessary to...

It was necessary to change my email address which was

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually on my Mac computer or on my ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We were only receiving email on the ipad and it was not appearing on the Mac computer. We have just recently had to change our email address.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am disgracefully incompetent with computers

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/24/2017
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 10 months ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Gmail account.

What are you currently trying to do?

Regards,

at the time of changing our email service provider we received an email from Vodophone telling me to answer some questions to ensure continuous email service. First question was to enter our Area Code but I could not find where or how to comply with this request. So I called at their Palmerston North service center and they did not know anything but told me to phone 0800 438 448 which I did when I got home. The telephone receptionist at that number tried to help but was unsuccessful and told me to contact Google. I want to be assured I am correctly connected to Gmail through my computer and ipad

Are you currently receiving email on the computer and iPad?

If so, please try sending yourself an email from both devices and let me know if you receive it.

Our original email service was free. We were forced to change supplier. Now I do not know if I am correctly connected to the new supplier and it seems iif I want to find out it is going to cost me for anything I ask.

Gmail is a free service - your supplier should not have any impact on your email account what so ever

We are only receiving gmail on our iPad and not on the mac computer.This is difficult for me as I find the iPad harder to operate . Also I am not sure if we are getting all our mail.
Maybe our equipment is not suitable with gmail and we should try something else.
I believe we were told the the move to gmail would not cost us anything but already I have had to sign for $77 I think it was and so far I do not seem to be getting anywhere. Your advice would be appreciated. Kind regards. David

What is the message you are getting?

I will have to opt out as I am signing out for the day.

You do not need to do anything, you will be notified when another expert takes over.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 10 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hello, how can I help you today?