Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have opened an email account in Thunderbird using my

Customer Question
I have opened an...

I have opened an email account in Thunderbird using my wife's name and my Comcast server address. I would like to open an account using my name with the same Comcast server address. How can I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Comcast, or Infinity if you prefer. My server address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

This doesn't involve troubleshooting. I want to be able to send emails using my name instead of my wife's name, but using the same Comcast server.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only if I am attempting to do something not allowed in Thunderbird

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
9/23/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

May I connect with you remotely (over secure network session) to check/fix the issue directly?

May I confirm if you want to keep the same email address for you or want to create a new comcast email address?

There are two different option in this case:

Case 1: Add Additional XFINITY Usernames to Your Account:

If you want to give other members of your household access to your XFINITY account, you can create a distinct username for each of them online. You can do this as given under the link:

Click Me

Case 2: change the name on the account to another person’s name by keeping the same email address:

Can I change the name on the account to another person’s name?
This type of transaction is called an Account Reassignment. Contracts and terms and conditions do not carry over to new individuals, so the new customer must undergo positive identification, a credit check and sign new terms and conditions or a contract agreement in order to get an account in his or her name

Please find it under Name change FAQ: Click Me

Please call them at 1-***-***-****

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by(scrolling up)

and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit), that would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist