Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

We are trying to recover my husband's gmail account. He has…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to recover my husband's gmail account. He has a new phone and number, never updated his account settings so now he can't log into his account.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

For about two weeks. He can't remember his password ***** his phone number has changed. We've also switched internet providers so he can't get an email verification code. I've tried everything!

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On his phone. Which is a new phone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The last password, all the step 2 verification questions, but because he had a new number and we have a new email address we can't get the codes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

New phone, new email address, new number.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
9/23/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please try to follow these steps and let me know if this helps:

1. Go to the Google Account Recovery page
  2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
  3. If you are asked to enter the last password ***** remember, click I don't know.
  4. Click Verify your identity which is located under all of the other options. (It is a small link.)

you will then be asked a series of questions which you must answer to the best of your ability. If you can provide enough accurate information, you will get your account back.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist