Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just got a new cell phone which is somehow

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new cell phone which is somehow "googlefriendly" and I DID have a gmail address, but never use it, as I use Aol. NOW when I try to put the address I had (and it seems to take it), I have NO idea what password ***** would have used nor the security questions, if I ever had them. There must be SOMETHING I can do to satisfy the place. I tried to do another, but it asks questions I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

I just typed my problem and it went WHERE?!? Problem is I have anew cell, and it uses Google. I once had a google address, but I never use it as Aol has always been my e-mail. I tried to change my password ***** I have idea what happened. I NEED to get password ***** will satisfy you people. It's like "What's a mother to do?!?" I don't have issues with my aol - it's with Google!

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

A browser, I think. (I have a desk top and I haven't used a phone for email. This is so [email protected])

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Looki, I had to guess at when I first got the google email address I have, and then I was sent a magic number (803816) that I was to use to restore my password ***** whatever. I AM not a computer person--I'm 79 and this stuff is too much without having someone to assist me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to get a google log-on that's "acceptable".

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/22/2017
Email technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Have you tried resetting the password ***** your Gmail account?