Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a Mac and a number of different email accounts. We…

Customer Question
I have a Mac...

I have a Mac and a number of different email accounts. We recently changed our internet and landline from Optus to Telstra and it has been since then that I have not been able to receive my google email into my Mac inbox. I can however send emails from this email address (*****@******.***) When I go into account settings it shows the outgoing mail server is correct as "Telstra", However the incoming mail server is in grey shading and cannot be updated. It says "map.gmail.com". Please help as I run a business and need to be able to receive emails from this address. I am receiving them on my mobile... and I can access them when I go into the google server via the browser. I just need them to be received via my Mac email inbox. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Via my laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Lots. And Telstra have been unable to help as they don't support a google account/email. They said I needed to contact google to update the settings. Have you read my earlier email that explained all the detail? Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I've covered it as best I can. Thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/22/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What email address is having the problem? Is it ending in @gmail.com?
  2. Are you using the Mail app to send and receive emails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess, very frustrated I wasn't even able to see your response at first and it kept trying to get me to sign up for membership which I am not interested at this stage! I just want a solution from google and I thought this was the google help line...My email is***@******.***. I am using my mac email/app to send and receive emails. I have another different account and email set up and this sends and receives fine. Just not my google email. I can send only, not receive.
Hi Jess, before I pay anything, I am now concerned that you are not the google help desk and I am not prepared to give just anyone access to my computer.. I don't even know if you can help with this query.
I think I will leave it for now. Thanks anyway.

I understand your concerns. Yes, we are not Google. You are contacting us here at JustAnswer.com and I can help you with your issues. I just want to confirm that your Google / Gmail account is NOT ending with @gmail.com which means you are a paying customer with G Suite?

I have just seen in the browser that I am going to be charged $74 for this!!! I did not sign up to that. I hope I will not be charged as I am signing off now and my issue is not resolved. Thank you anyway, but I will go to google rather then spending more time going around in circles.

Ok, here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess