Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I tried to set up another gmail account, and now I can't…

Customer Question
I tried to set...

I tried to set up another gmail account, and now I can't recover my old account. I'm afraid it got deleted

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

30 minutes

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Usually on my phone, and it still works there, but this was on the pc

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Went to Google password ***** but there was no place to select the option for "I'm having other problems signing in". When I try to sign in, I only get the new account, not the old one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/21/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Have you tried the option Sign out?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Solution #1:

1. On your PC computer, when you are in the new gmail account, click on the big letter icon at the upper right corner, then click on the option called Sign out.
  2. Then click on the arrow icon next to the new gmail email address, if shown.
  3. Then select your old gmail email address (or add account).
  4. Then you should be able to sign in your old gmail email address.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Go to the website below on your computer:
    https://accounts.google.com/Logout
  2. (If needed, go to the gmail.com website again.)
  3. Then click on the arrow icon next to the new gmail email address, if shown.
  4. Then select your old gmail email address (or add account).
  5. Then you should be able to sign in your old gmail email address.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.