Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am having problems. I had to clear my history and lost all…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems. I had to clear my history and lost all my cookies including my passwords, address book etc. So, I set up a new gmail account. How do I get at least my aggress book transferred?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

I had to delete my history. It took my old passwodrs and my address book with it. Can I transfer those things from my old gmail account?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Email
9/21/2017
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 12 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

The only way to access your address book from your old Gmail account would be to access that account with your username/password. After all, you would need to be able to verify that you are in fact the owner of that account to transfer data out of it.

If you're unable to access that account, then if you haven't already done so the first thing you would want to do is attempt to reset the password ***** going to the following address:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

If you have already done that and are unable to recover your account, then I'm afraid that no, unfortunately there is no way to transfer your address book. This is purely a safety measure for account holders.

I know that is probably very frustrating to hear. This is why it is very important to always make sure that you know your password ***** have it written down somewhere.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to close out our session for now. I will standby until the answer has been rated.