Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am 81 years old, and unable to get into Google. I have had…

Customer Question
I am 81 years...

I am 81 years old, and unable to get into Google . I have had google's g-mail since January 23, 2013. At that time I acquired my e-mail address which is: ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Since I turned on my computer this morn ing to "read the news from Globe Gazette, from which I am a registered reader.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

When I turn on my computer I am able to click on my inbox.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

We had a chimney fire in 2007 and since then the Google Verification Code is not of help to me. At the time of the fire several things were destroyed and one of those things was my record of the password ***** had. My memory does not help me in remembering it from that far back!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I want something else, rather than the page asking me to sign in to my account, which I can't do. We at one time had the e-mail address: ***@******.***

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
9/21/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.

Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure? Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you?

I did try to recover my e-mail pr4ivileges but the Google Verification Code, given to me on March 2, 2017, will not work.

code from March is too old. you need to request a new code

I am not wanting to do it this way, thank you. My son- in-law will be here on Saturday, and he will advise me or help me at least. I thank you for your time and offer to help.

you got it.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist