Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My iPad is frozen, Pearl. I tried holding down the sleep…

Customer Question
Hello, my iPad is...

Hello, my iPad is frozen, Pearl. I tried holding down the sleep button and the slide button, slide to power off comes on to the screen-- but the slide button is unresponsive. what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I access my email on my iPhone. I also use email on my iPad, but as I said, the screen is unresponsive to anything

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have held down the sleep button, and the slide to power off button comes on the screen, but it does not respond to touch. What other troubleshooting can be done if it does not respond to any touch

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Email
9/21/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 12 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it then functions please

I am getting the apple icon

ok, does it dissapear after about 20 seconds and the iPad restarts ok?