Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Nothing now but when I go out of town (which we are doing

nothing now but when I go out of town (which we are doing soon) I have not been able to get into my emails. password ***** ***** how can I prevent this from happening?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: last year when we were out of town and not able to access
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through a web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: don't recall all that we did but it took several conversations with Microsoft last year when the trouble arose
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer to access your email account?
  2. What email account is giving you this problem? Is it Gmail?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we are using windows. only have outlook. is not gmail

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you saying that your email address is ending with @outlook.com?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not asking for a fix now. was asking steps I could take to prevent the problem from occuring again while we are out of town

Please confirm first: is your email address ending in @outlook.com?

And are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Firefox to access your @Outlook.com email?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no.it ends in msn.com. using Explorer. P.S responses to my cell phone are not helpful

Thank you for that information. And when you travel, are you bringing with you the computer where you regularly access your @msn.com email?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no. I often try accessing through a library computer

Thank you for that information. And when you travel, is your phone that is linked to your Hotmail account still working in the new location you are at?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my phone is not linked to my Hotmail account. have an old flip phone

Are you saying that there is NO phone linked to your msn account right now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
don't think so unless it is our landline phone at home,

But do you have a mobile phone that you can link to your MSN account? The procedures to prevent inability to access your account from another place or location requires a mobile phone linked to your account so that you can be verified and granted access. Please confirm.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I link my mobile phone to my msn account.

I can help you with that.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee (10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. what do you need

I just sent you the formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance with the minimal fee. Please accept it so that we can do the remote session and I can add your mobile phone on your msn account for you while you watch on your screen.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I accepted that but lost you. what next

I am still here. I can see that there is a problem from your end when you tried to accept my offer for Secure Remote Assistance. Please fix it so that we can proceed to remote access.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure what needs to be fixed. It indicates that it can accept it but not clear why not.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
should have said cant accept it

If you are getting an error from your end in accepting my offer, I believe your bank is blocking the transaction since their system could have thought it as fraud. Please check your email, your bank could have sent you a notification that needs your action or approval for the transaction to push through.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing from the bank

Please try accepting again. If the error continues, please call your bank to confirm that you are the one transacting so that they will not block it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried. they indicated success

Ok. Please try accepting the offer again

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
once again they said payment cannot be processed. no indication that this is a bank problem so I do not wish to call them.

Please call them, this happened several times and it turns out that the bank was blocking the transaction.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks. Appreciate your assistance but this has taken way to long already.

I am very sorry about that. I can help you further on this issue or request at later time if you wish to continue. But to proceed with remote access, you really need to successfully accept the offer I sent.

Do you want me to just describe to you the process in details?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure

Ok. I tried to waived the fees for secure remote assistance so we can do the remote access without the extra fee to save us time exchanging messages in this way.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=efa3ef91-bbf4-488f-bb39-c9c5240fa740

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. We have successfully added your mobile phone on your email account so that you can easily and surely verify your identity when you travel and be able to access your emails.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess