Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am getting this message. It seems that it prevents me from…

Customer Question
I am getting this...

I am getting this message. It seems that it prevents me from lots of actions. My specific problem at present is that I cannot delete anything.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My Macair

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried all different account settings for deleting. There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Gmail” or try again.The server returned the error: Connections to the server “imap.gmail.com” on the default ports timed out.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using the Mail app, the one with the postage stamp icon in the dock, to access your Gmail? Or are you using MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess