Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Outlook 16 keeps 'not responding' when I try to sen mail or

Outlook 16 keeps 'not responding'...
Outlook 16 keeps 'not responding' when I try to sen mail or perform other tasks, e.g. searching. It was occasional but now it is every time. need an idiot's guide!
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Many weeks now. It was happening occasionally but now it is all the time
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through my Outlook 16 program
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: system restore
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop which is only a year old. I just want to resolve this issue
9/20/2017
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Is this not responding happening on just outlook or other microsoft office application ?

How many emails account do you access using outlook 2016 ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I haven't had an issue with Word. I have 3 email accounts, however I am unable to access my Hotmail

OK lets first try to open outlook is safe mode and see if its stable in that mode.

To open in safe mode.

Click on start then type outlook /safe and press enter.

See if it that opens outlook in safe mode and see if you are facing the same non responsive issues.Let me know.

John, Email Support Specialist

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ba0c904e-1bce-4a3b-adee-62d5e555add0 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

I haven't got the access to your computer yet is there any problem opening the link I gave or running the remote support tool?

Connected and working on the issue.

Thank you.

The not responding appears to be solved. However, it now sends multiple copies of the same email. When I open a saved draft, it creates another copy so I end up with several copies of the same email in drafts. When I send one of them, it sends multiple emails. a friend, last night, received 10 copies of the same email! GeeVargese tried to solve this too, but it is obviously still an issue. I would be grateful for assistance as I cannot continue to use this.

Glad to know that the not responding issue got solved.I didn't do anything regarding multiple copies of email sending to a contact.

I will be glad to take a look at the new issue if you are free now or let me know a feasible time for you to check it later also mention the time zone too.

I have 30 mins now or after 1400 Spanish time. It is now 11.30 here.

30 mins might not be enough because your net connection is little bit slow so connecting and then checking the issue and fixing it might take more than that.

two and a half hour later from now is not a feasible time for me but 1600 your time will be fine for me.Is that OK with you?

That would be great. I have a dental appointment otherwise we could continue now. It does seem it's the issue with the multiple copies of drafts that you tried to solve yesterday. If I try to send one of them then all the others go too! Just had a message from my friend to say she received another 7, making 18 in all! I'm sure I didn't have that many in the drafts folder!

No problem will check the issue on 1400 your time.

Sorry John, I thought we agreed on 1600 as 1400 was difficult for you?
actually 1600 would suit me better too

My mistake it is 1600 your time I apologize for that.1600 your time is fine.

Great. You must work split shifts!

Indeed will see you at 1600 your time.

I am online now.Let me know when you are ready to continue.

Sincerely,

OK ready now.

Good.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e87dd8a9-4284-483f-877e-f5a78cf7c9b9 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi John, Sorry but I'm still having issues with the Drafts and sending. Yesterday was the first time I worked on a saved draft. I returned to work on the copy 3 times but , this time only one copy stayed in drafts. So we have solved the multiple copies being saved, issue. However, I noticed 3 emails had been sent in my sent folder and my friend still received 3 copies of the email. I am out this morning but in this afternoon.
Regards
Carol

Sorry to hear that could you please do the online repair like i mentioned before and then check it.It will take some time but please try to do it.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has deleted Outlook 16! A pop up told me that my desktop icon was empty and did I want to delete it. I clicked yes. Normally this only deletes the desktop icon but it is gone from my programs too. Is there a way to reverse this as I really don't want to pay to download it again.

Are you sure you selected uninstall instead of change options to do online repair?

In search option type outlook and see if it brings outlook on your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I definitely clicked on line repair. When it finished thee was nothing to say it was completed. I clicked on the desktop icon and got the pop up I mentioned. i am trying to contact Microsoft but the support pages are useless, there doesn't seem to be a way to email them.

I will remote access and check once again.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b62bbb3c-3868-4e43-9709-310d7c596314 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A Page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not getting anything after I click I agree

After clicking on I agree it downloads a small file open that file.if you cannot find it.Go to downloads folder and look for Elisnore Screen Connect and open it from there.

John, Email Support Specialist