Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It's not my email. my book marks are giving me an error

It's not my email...

It's not my email. my book marks are giving me an error message and says to try to refresh, but the refresh does not complete so I am not able to access my boomarks.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Probably within 24 hrs.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

My bookmarks are built into my yahoo, not my browser which is firefox

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Mostly tablet, but my email is with century link mostly. I have email with yahoo, g-mail and century link

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not all that computer literate. i do not even own a cell phone. my wife is worse. i'm afraid she did something that might have deactivated our bbokmarks. she is having the same problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to fix this because we are having issues paying bills on time

9/20/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What bookmarks are you referring to? Bookmarks in Chrome? Firefox?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

windows......bookmarks are in my MY YAHOO. firefox is my browser. i do all my banking and other things through these. i need them back. the error message reads.....AN ERROR OCCURRED WHEN TRYING TO PROCESS YOUR BOOKMARKS. TRY AGAIN BY REFRESHING YOUR PAGE....however the page will not complete the refresh.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9380d42f-f129-4fee-b4e3-79d91e11ce3a

Best regards,
Jess