Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am not getting emails, the last one received was 9/15.

Customer Question
I am not getting...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have an Amazon Fire and use their app.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone into the settings for the email app and general setting but nothing stands out as an issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you still able to access your Gmail account using a web browser like in Safari or Internet Explorer on the computer?
  2. Are you also using a computer to access your Gmail account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I signed in thru another source and was able to access the emails, would not have thought of that, thanks.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, you shall be able to access your Gmail account using a web browser if you remember the password ***** your Gmail account.

Now,if you want to keep using the Mail app on your device, you need to first TURN ON the settings of your Gmail account using a web browser.

Please use a web browser to access your Gmail and access this link below:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

On that page, please slide it to TURN ON the settings. After doing that, please test your Mail app and see if you are able to send and receive emails this time.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess