Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My computer wasn't working, so I set up a gmail account on…

Customer Question
My computer wasn't working, so...
My computer wasn't working, so I set up a gmail account on my android phone. When the computer got fixed and it asked me if I wanted to set up a gmail account. I said yes, but when i entered my existing account user name (on my phone); it said it was already in use, (BY ME!) and would not let me do it. It wanted me to use another name. I have all my emails on my phone and don't want to have two accounts. HELP! Nicole E.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 12 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Have you tried to sign in your gmail email address (not set up nor create a new account) on your computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

I have Windows 7. I didn't know I could sign up my existing account. It only invited me to open a new acct.

Don't use the sign up or create option. Do you see the option to sign in? How about the option Sign in at the gmail.com website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,