Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Ihave ordered Avast Cleanup 30day trial - Order 11836627806…

Customer Question
Ihave ordered Avast Cleanup...

Ihave ordered Avast Cleanup 30day trial - Order***********31 Aug 2017

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Nelsonbayonline.com

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None - all I want to do is get it activated so I can run it before the free period expires. I am 89 & not tech savvy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure of the website to use

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/19/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you currently have it installed on your computer?

Please let me know

I have Avast security, but not Avast Cleanup. I have confirmation for a Cleanup trial but cannot get an activation code

Have you purchased it yet?

No, I just tried to take advantage of the 30 day free period. It has not been activated
As I have said, I would rather decline to proceed with the Avast trial than have to pay fees like this to continue with it.

ok, so just to clarify, you wish to know how to purchase Avast Cleanup correct?

Not if it means incurring expenses like this. I expected Avast to give me an activation code, and they said that due to their error they could not for 48 hours. When I tried afterwards I could not get the code - it was too complicated for me. So now I want to cancel it if it will mean paying fees like this.

It is not a free product though so we are confused why you believe you should receive it for free.

I was referring to my attempt to get the 30 day trial period for Avast Cleanup. When I had trouble, I tried to get Avast customer support and somehow it led to this, which I did not intend. Customer support does not usually involve fees.

This is Just Answer, a paid service desk

Thank you for your offer to troubleshoot this problem, but as I said, I would prefer not to proceed.

ok, no problem