Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

A friend provided me with her e-mail address, with the first…

Customer Question
A friend provided me...

A friend provided me with her e-mail address, with the first letter being upper case. I doubted it would work, so I sent her a test e-mail and it came back. I want to update the address in lower case, but every time I enter the lower case address, the first one pops up and I can't edit it. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

I am using an unsupported version of google because I am an XP user

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I access it through Google chrome every day at least once. I have a PC

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am very unskilled at g-mail. I don't know how to delete or edit e-mail addresses

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/18/2017
Email technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

To remove an unwanted autocomplete email address in GMail, remove the unwanted contact record.

• Select "contacts" from the drop-down menu at the top left. (Click on Gmail)

• search for the unwanted contact in your address book by typing their name (or email, type it as you usually do in the to: field) in the search box

• open the contact, then use the "more" menu at the top middle to select delete.

• Once the contact is deleted, the autocomplete in the to: ***** ***** that contact name/email will no longer occur.

Did this work for you?

I'm going offline now but please let me know if it worked, I will follow up tomorrow