Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Last week I needed to open a office Microsoft attachments so…

Last week I needed...

Last week I needed to open a office Microsoft attachments so I did a trial period of Microsoft Office. Well I didn't like it so I cancelled it immediately and went back to Windows 8.1 but I am not receiving or able to send any emails. Please help me!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Frontier

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Lap top

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I not very tech savy

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program you are using to send and receive emails?

And what is the error you receive when it fails?

Please let me know

Hotmail
.
There's a problem sending messages from***@******.*** right now. Check with your provider for more info.

Thank you
There is currently a worldwide outage with the email service on a lot of accounts. This has been reported to Microsoft and they are working on it as we speak.
This is not related to your computer at all, it is an issue on the servers.
You will need to wait until they have resolved it and the emails will then start to automatically arrive.
You can see the reported outages here
http://downdetector.com/status/outlook
You will then be able to send the emails then as well (if you send now they will be in your drafts folder only)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you