Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have nothing wrong with my email I need to unlock a lap…

Customer Question
I have nothing wrong...

I have nothing wrong with my email I need to unlock a lap top and I forgot the pass word

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

A couple weeks ago and this laptop hasn't been used in a couple months

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On another lapyop I have 3

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Opps laptop\

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you have on the laptop?

windows10

Thank you. On the login screen of the laptop does it display an email address in addition to the user name?

the computer I am on is not the one hat needs unlocked

Thanks. I understand that. Does the computer that needs to be unlocked have Windows 10 on it?

no it doesn't show the email address and yes it has windows 10

Thank you. The only way to get back in to a machine that uses a local account is to reset it.

This means your data, if it hasn't been backed up will be lost.

From the login screen:

While holding down the left Shift key, click the Power icon in the

lower right corner (far right) and select Restart.

Release the Shift key when you see "Choose an Option"

click Troubleshoot

click Reset this PC

click Remove Everything

click Just Remove Files

install only to the drive where Windows is installed, if asked

When the reset is complete you'll re-create your user account

and have access to the machine again.