Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I haven't used my email in 5 years and im trying to get into…

Customer Question
I haven't used my...

I haven't used my email in 5 years and im trying to get into it, even tho its mine ive filled out multiple things to see if i can get it recovered and it keeps saying its not me or someone is using my account but hotmail isn't letting me have my other email back

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Hotmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ive tried filling sheets online from hotmail asking for my name and all my basic info but it keeps asking me to give them the last few emails i sent out\recieved but i havent used it in 5 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/16/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, the email account has been purged from their system. Since email addresses are never recycled, it will appear to be taken and active but it cannot be used anymore since it had no activity for over 270 days.

You will need to start a new account since it has been over 270 days without being signed into. I apologize and I wish I had better news for you.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.