Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Hotmail will not reset my password, since yesterday. laptop,

Customer Question
Hotmail will not reset...

Hotmail will not reset my password

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?

Since yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Usually request a reset and microsoft sends code to an alternate email - but no code is ever sent ... tried multiple time yesterday, then stopped, tried multiple times today; then did a recovery request, but told depending on questions/my responses - may or may not get the reset. Then found a way (that does not always work) to reset with code sent to my cell phone - so it looked like reset worked (tried this twice) , but then when logging in with new password ***** told that I tried too many times so thinks I'm a robot and requested that I enter screen graphics to prove that I am not a robot, but software seems to get caught in a loop and keeps requesting both new password ***** graphics characters to be entered... so now what?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/16/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 11 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

since yesterday ... microsoft forces password ***** every few weeks of so by not accepting password ***** I've been using...so then I reset it and all is well, except this time the reset does not work since the alternate email that I provide for the security code to be emailed to - never gets the email with the code...
PLEASE CANCELL THIS REQUEST.

Flagged for refund. Please do not reply to this.

I THOUGHT THE CHARGE WAS $5 BUT MY HUSBAND TELLS ME THAT THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $53 APPROX. SO CANCEL THIS ARRANGEMENT NOT INTERESTED