Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am having difficulty with emails bouncing back and also…

Customer Question
Hi there....I am having...

Hi there....I am having difficulty with emails bouncing back and also one or two individuals who are just not receiving my emails. The bounce-backs are typically addresses within a 'global' collection. So I went into 'contacts' and clicked on those addresses I wanted included, and created a group. There are 137 emails within the grouping. With regard to the individuals, they have recreated a new address and they are still not receiving them. I don't know what to do!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Um..gmail? Our internet provider is Bell

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've contacted a few of the recipients and verified their addresses; one person created a new address, but that didn't work, and I've just had a technician take a look via the link that was included with one of the bounce-backs; it said there may be something wrong with the address such as quotations, but I don't believe that is the case since I've checked with some people about their addresses

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

When the global emails bounce back, the message says it will retry for 18 hours, so then I end up with pages and pages of bounce-backs.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
9/15/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

A few months.

Can you copy the error it is giving you? Or send me a screenshot, it should also have a status code on it..

Thanks

Kris

I copied it and pasted it below but it didn't pick everything up. I don't know how to take a screen shot and send it using this method of 'chat'.
Error Icon
Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem while delivering your message to***@******.***. Gmail will retry for 19 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
LEARN MORE
The response was:
Message temporarily rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.Final-Recipient: rfc822;***@******.***
Action: delayed
Status: 4.0.0
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Message temporarily rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
Will-Retry-Until: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

Can I connect and have a look? What email client are you using. Do you notice you have a extra dot in the email?

I don't know what you mean by an email client.....our internet is through Bell and our email is Gmail. The dot after com was not in the original email I sent. Sure you can connect and have a look....will there be a further fee for that?

Yes it should be on your screen now

Sorry, I would need to get further authorization to spend another $27 and since I've already committed to $66 and haven't got anything resolved, they aren't going to go for that.

Okay I have made it the lowest I can on the system

where do we go from here?

If you accept it I can do the remote, if not we can continue as is.

Thanks

Kris

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist