Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Thunderbird will not access my google mail account. All of a…

Customer Question
Thunderbird will not access...

Thunderbird will not access my google mail account. All of a sudden it asks for my google password ***** when I type in the correct one it does not work and asks me to retry. This started after I deleted quite a few back emails. I have checked my password ***** Google and an sure I am using the correct one. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No. I still get my mail through google but I like Thunderbird better.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

When it won't take my password ***** gives me a message in the lower right corner to go to this address. https://support.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754. I went there and did what it said to do but still no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This has worked fine for years but all of a sudden this problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/15/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you click on my link below are you able to sign into your account there?

www.gmail.com

Please let me know