Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have had a Paypal account for many years using a previous…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a Paypal account for many years using a previous email address. When I tried to use the account but with my new email address it would not allow me to use the same credit card and yet this is the only card I use for online purchases.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

My current email is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Both laptop and phone but mainly the former

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I could not access Paypal once I confirmed the card and the card number I was informed that the card was used with another account.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Email technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 11 months ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with PayPal.

PayPal only lets you use your credit card with one account at a time - if you do not remember your old account username and password ***** will need to reset it so you can go in and unlink it from that account before adding it to your new email.

If you have a Windows computer I can try and help you recover the password ***** a secure remote session.