Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have Lacerte tax SW. Microsoft released a update 5/10/17.

Customer Question
I have Lacerte tax...

I have Lacerte tax SW. Microsoft released a update 5/10/17. This contained security rollup KB4019112 which contained: KB4014508, KB4014511, Kb40114514 and KB4014504 or preview rollup KB4014606, a component used in the tax SW sign in process. These update have prevented my computer from validating my online credentials from my lacerte SW. I need to know which security rolls to delete and how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I have a HP laptop and I'm using windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, I just need to be able to log into lacerte. I'm getting crushed by Time

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
9/14/2017
Email technician: Michael Hannigan, Email Expert replied 9 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

I'm checking the updates for you to see what each one is. One moment.

I'm just putting these here for reference.

KB4014606 - ASP/forms/tokens

KB4014504 -package signing certificates

Kb4014514-package signing certs

KB4014511-package signing certs

KB4014508-package signing certs

KB4019112- package signing certs

OK... it looks like the only one that even has the chance of causing an issue with what you are experiencing is KB4014606 - in fact, this update has been pulled from Windows update because of issues with the update.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2017/05/17/net-framework-may-2017-preview-of-quality-rollup/

It only affects .Net Framework 4.7. So if the software uses 4.7, then this is the culprit. If it doesn't, then the problem isn't related to an update. Here's what you have to do to remove this particular update.

• If you have installed the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup but not the .NET Framework 4.7, you are recommended to uninstall the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup.
  • If you have installed the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup and the .NET Framework 4.7, you are recommended to uninstall the .NET Framework 4.7 and re-install the .NET Framework 4.7. This action will fix the underlying installer issue. You do not need to uninstall the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup in this case. In some cases, the May 2017 Preview of Quality Rollup update will no longer be visible in “Add or Remove Programs” after installing the .NET Framework 4.7.