Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

Have question about a gmail account. Two days. I created a

Have question about a gmail...
Have question about a gmail account
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: two days
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. I created a new gmail account a few weeks ago. I've been using it with no problems. But I tried to logon today and during the login, it prompted me to change the email name and now I can't get to the old account.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
9/14/2017
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it let you sign out your new gmail address?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

What's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

I have an hp laptop. Ultrabook. I think Windows 8, but not sure. I can access the new gmail account I established today, but I need the old one because I was corresponding with someone on that account.
I can't allow you to remote in. This is my work computer.

When you are in your new gmail account, please click the big letter icon (or the email address) at the upper right corner, then click on the option Sign out, then can you sign in with your old gmail email address?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Have you tried my suggestion above yet?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

From the new gmail account, I logout, then try to login to old account, but get a messge that old account does not exist. Since both accounts were setup with the same name and phone number, when I enter the credentials (name and phone number), gmail only provides the new email account.

Thank you for replying back. Can you please confirm your old gmail email address?

That's not an a @gmail.com email account. Are you sure the spelling of it? Is there any number in it?

I know , but that is the email that was a stab list and it worked for many weeks . I established it through Google email and had access to it each time I login to Gmail .

Was there any other email address associated with that @me.com email address?

I figured it out.

Great. Was it a different email address since that @me.com email address gave error "Couldn't find your Google Account"?

Do you have any other computer question / issue I can help with?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.

No more issues. I was searching for the wrong email address. While I do have some addresses at me.com , The one I was looking for was a true Gmail account . Thanks again
You're welcome. OK. If you do need help with anything else in the future, please let me know anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you very much for your patience.
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech