Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have lost password for inactive computer and need to

Customer Question

I have lost password ***** inactive computer and need to recover some files.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My machine is a HP Pavilion and I signed in to my Gmail account to access this computer. My name is*****: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I am trying to recover my lost password. I use Gmail with my phone and web browser about 50-50.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried nothing except trying to recall my old password. I have talked
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have talked with a BEST Buy tech. and he has advised that Microsoft is the only one who can help me get into the old computer. I need to recover a handful of file from it. B Buy gave me an odd code
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 1 month ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I purchase the new computer 9? months ago and moved some data across. I have recently found that I need some
files from the other computer. Now I cannot remember the password ***** that old computer. I would think that you would
have seen this problem earlier and would have a canned solution. I can access gmail on new computer, but I was using my
gmail signon to access the old computer. I have not accessed the old computer in 8? months.Will drop off line to do other things. Send me a gmail answer.

Let me know when you're back here and we can take it from there

Thanks

Kris