Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have lost password for inactive computer and need to

Customer Question
I have lost password...

I have lost password ***** inactive computer and need to recover some files.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

My machine is a HP Pavilion and I signed in to my Gmail account to access this computer. My name is*****: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am trying to recover my lost password. I use Gmail with my phone and web browser about 50-50.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried nothing except trying to recall my old password. I have talked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have talked with a BEST Buy tech. and he has advised that Microsoft is the only one who can help me get into the old computer. I need to recover a handful of file from it. B Buy gave me an odd code

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/13/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 11 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I purchase the new computer 9? months ago and moved some data across. I have recently found that I need some
files from the other computer. Now I cannot remember the password ***** that old computer. I would think that you would
have seen this problem earlier and would have a canned solution. I can access gmail on new computer, but I was using my
gmail signon to access the old computer. I have not accessed the old computer in 8? months.Will drop off line to do other things. Send me a gmail answer.

Let me know when you're back here and we can take it from there

Thanks

Kris