bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and

Customer Question

I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and my in-box contents quickly vanished . . . every box I opened did likewise: sent, personal, etc. I opened my i-phone; the same thing happened. After 1.5 hours on the phone with
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Apple, I opened my microsoft desktop, and the e-mail vanished. Today was the first time that this has happened.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All three
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I spent 1.5 hours with Apple help. They walked me through getting into e-mail through safari. In the process, I changed my password ***** just as a precaution. I entered through Safari, but the e-mail had vanished.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I went back in my g-mail the messages suggested that I was a new gmail user or had opened a new account. That is not the case.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

From which device you have posted this question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I posted from a Microsoft based machine.

Ok, when you open gmail.com on your PC, what do you see?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see Primary, Social, and Promotions. The problem is that only the most recent e-mails are present. As I explained earlier, the Apple help had me log into gmail through Safari. I had to change my password. When I opened gmail, there was a message suggesting that I had opened a new account, which I did not do; I simply changed my password ***** I could not remember my old one.

OK, can you tell me, how did you change the password?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
Is there any other device that currently still has access to the same Gmail account?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. As soon as I open any box in g-mail, the older emails disappear
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
> As soon as I open any box in g-mail, the older emails disappear
Do you mean you can access the email box and some emails are missing from the Inbox folder?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All of the emails i.e. Hundreds, are gone on all devices whether ios or ms operating systems. My other email sevices are not missing . . . Just gmail.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for replying late. Got connection issues recently in the office.
> All of the emails
Just double check:
1. Do you mean you check Gmail via web using a browser and found nothing in your Inbox?
2. Did you check the ALL MAILS option to show all archived messages? They will not be shown in Inbox archived.
3. Might be a silly question, did you check the Trash folder to see if they were deleted by a mistake?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try ot to be caustic. But as I have. Oe said for teo days: all of my gmail boxes on all devices whether ms dos or ios have erased all emails previous to yesterday. This is clearly a gmail issue inasmuch as my xfinity anf yahoo accounts remain intact.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about the typos in thenlast posting
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

If so, I would like to offer a free remote desktop session to check your Gmail box from your computer. Is it ok for you if you are running Windows or OSX on your computer?

Expert:  bbao replied 23 days ago.
Hello, do you still need help here?