Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and…

Customer Question
I have gmail for...

I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and my in-box contents quickly vanished . . . every box I opened did likewise: sent, personal, etc. I opened my i-phone; the same thing happened. After 1.5 hours on the phone with

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Apple, I opened my microsoft desktop, and the e-mail vanished. Today was the first time that this has happened.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I spent 1.5 hours with Apple help. They walked me through getting into e-mail through safari. In the process, I changed my password ***** just as a precaution. I entered through Safari, but the e-mail had vanished.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

When I went back in my g-mail the messages suggested that I was a new gmail user or had opened a new account. That is not the case.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Email
9/12/2017
Email technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

From which device you have posted this question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I posted from a Microsoft based machine.

Ok, when you open gmail.com on your PC, what do you see?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see Primary, Social, and Promotions. The problem is that only the most recent e-mails are present. As I explained earlier, the Apple help had me log into gmail through Safari. I had to change my password. When I opened gmail, there was a message suggesting that I had opened a new account, which I did not do; I simply changed my password ***** I could not remember my old one.

OK, can you tell me, how did you change the password?

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 year ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Is there any other device that currently still has access to the same Gmail account?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. As soon as I open any box in g-mail, the older emails disappear
> As soon as I open any box in g-mail, the older emails disappear
Do you mean you can access the email box and some emails are missing from the Inbox folder?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All of the emails i.e. Hundreds, are gone on all devices whether ios or ms operating systems. My other email sevices are not missing . . . Just gmail.
Sorry for replying late. Got connection issues recently in the office.
> All of the emails
Just double check:
1. Do you mean you check Gmail via web using a browser and found nothing in your Inbox?
2. Did you check the ALL MAILS option to show all archived messages? They will not be shown in Inbox archived.
3. Might be a silly question, did you check the Trash folder to see if they were deleted by a mistake?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try ot to be caustic. But as I have. Oe said for teo days: all of my gmail boxes on all devices whether ms dos or ios have erased all emails previous to yesterday. This is clearly a gmail issue inasmuch as my xfinity anf yahoo accounts remain intact.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about the typos in thenlast posting

If so, I would like to offer a free remote desktop session to check your Gmail box from your computer. Is it ok for you if you are running Windows or OSX on your computer?

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 12 months ago
Hello, do you still need help here?