Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am trying to replace my security info and I do not

Customer Question

I am trying to replace my security info and I do not remember what I set this computer Microsoft account name to be. Don't remember if I used my email, my husbands, my cell, his cell, and on and on. Can you please help.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I was going through the process on the computer and the Microsoft Account team sent me an email to replace my security info.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All of the above. Probably most often on phone and tablet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing specific. It just appears that emails stopped coming through to my computer for the last couple of weeks. I had received a message on the computer that I needed to check my settings, but I really didn't know what I was doing. Believe me, I am not techy. I am just a bit better than a casual user.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just, Do you have any way of getting to what my Microsoft account name is?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you running Windows 7, 8 or 10 now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
10
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Our remote session will come at no extra charge.

Please open up the following link on your computer:

https://www.fastsupport.com/888395745

Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Connected now; thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Refund requested. Thanks for your patience.