Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My church has a GMAIL event calendar that was created by

Customer Question

Hi... My church has a GMAIL event calendar that was created by someone who has left the church. We don't have the ability to manage that particular calendar since none of the folks who are authorized to add an event have the MANAGE authority. They can't share it or delete folks who no longer need visibility. Is there anything we can do? Scott M
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: 6 months
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all i can think of
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there Scott and welcome

Do you have access at all to the problem account? To be able to sign into it?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't need you to connect to the gmail account to fix this for me. I just need instructions, Richard.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, to do this

1. On your computer, open Google Calendar. https://calendar.google.com/ You can't share calendars from the Google Calendar app.
  2. On the left, find the "My calendars" section. You might need to click it to expand it.
  3. To the right of the calendar you want to share, click the Down arrow .
  4. Click Share this Calendar.
  5. Under "Share with specific people," add the email address of the person you want to share with.
  6. Under "Permission Settings," choose an option in the drop-down menu. Choose the option yoou want to set for permissions
  7. If someone isn't already added, click Add person.
  8. Click Save.

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** those of us at the church who have been on the receiving end of the "share this calendar" were given the rights to CREATE AN EVENT ON THIS CALENDAR without being given the right to SHARE THIS CALENDAR (see the screen print attached). On another calendar that I personally created, I get the SHARE THIS CALENDAR and then can go into the next screen (see second attachment) and I can make the calendar public and give out rights. It's the ability to actually SHARE rather than just SEND TO A FRIEND that we want to obtain. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

yes, my last instructions show you how to share the calendar, you send the share request to your friend.

Look specifically at step 4 please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is not SHARE THIS CALENDAR option in the MEETING SPACE calendar that is the basis for my question (see the 5.07am screen print). There is only the SEND TO A FRIEND option. On the WPUCC EVENTS calendar that I personally created (the 4.48am screen print) you can see both options. We want the ability to manage who can share and what the person with whom the calendar has been shared can do. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, but you are doing this in your account, this is what I said before, you need to please sign into the account then calendar belonds to, and share from there.

Please do this

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard... the account that "owned" the calendar is***@******.***. The calendar from which I pulled the screen print doesn't show up as the "other calendar" owner. We don't KNOW who is the personal creator/owner of the MEETING SPACE calendar that has been either SHARED WITH or SEND TO A FRIEND-ed. That's the issue. We cannot identify who originally created the calendar. The folks who are might have done that say they are NOT the calendar managers.Is there any way to try and get the manage capability... or are we just SOL? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard, I misspoke. I am not certain that the owning gmail account is***@******.***. It may be***@******.***, the account of the individual who has left our church. We do not see the MEETING SPACE WASH PARK UCC calendar shown in OTHER CALENDARS at the***@******.***.If this means that nothing can be done but to recreate the MEETING SPACE WASH PARK UCC calendar in another account, then I will proceed doing that, but all along I have hoped that you would be able to present some other alternative that would allow us to manage access/sharing.Thanks.