Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a laptop that I work remotely from. The email address

Customer Question

I have a laptop that I work remotely from. The email address I use for my business is***@******.*** I am able to receive and send emails from any location that has a time warner internet server but not from my home where I have an AT&T server. AT&T and Time Warner/Spectrum tell me this is a Microsoft outlook problem. Help!
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: It was an issue back in June when I set up my laptop. I left for Michigan shortly after and the email worked perfectly all summer. I returned to Texas yesterday and the problem has resumed.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I click on an icon on my desk top that says Microsoft office outlook. I use safari as a browser.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have talked to Spectrum, AT&T and an IT person. They all have told me that there is a setting in Microsoft that isn't right but they don't know which setting. We have reset modems, routers.....the email works fine when I am in a location that has Spectrum as their internet server.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is the error you get when it fails from a non Time Warner location?