Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Need original password for my account because I had to reset…

Customer Question
Need original password *****...

Need original password ***** my account because I had to reset my android phone to factory settings and requires my original password

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I seldom use my gmail email account

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I reset my password ***** was told i needed my original password

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/10/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

That is not how logging into androids work. You can change the password ***** many times as you like. It wont matters unless

it isnt 'seeing' the change.

There is a 'need the original email' message phones get.

Try to reboot your phone like this and then try to put in the email you changed your password ***** and the newest password.

Force shutdown the device. Press and hold your Android device's Power button and the Volume Down key for at least 5 seconds or until the screen shuts down. Release the buttons once you see the screen lighting up again.

Then reply with results when done and exactly what you see for a message. *your phone must be connected to internet

for it to 'see' a new password' change.