Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can't get in email screen has a lot of funny looking symbols

Customer Question

Can't get in email screen has a lot of funny looking symbols running across it.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Aol.com
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: too new at this and old to know these things I just restarted and tried again. Then did something the screen said and it fails.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is another system on there also that I don't use
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, what browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, are you using now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Safari
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

I see; could you let me know when did your email page first start showing up this way?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My fault and lack of knowledge thought I was getting help for free and talking to a real person. I am highly upset about the money and my lack of knowledge. I have no more money or faith
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me.

Can we go ahead with a FREE remote session instead, so I can check the email page directly at your screen now?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 month ago.

I'm a real person, and will assist you with the email issue directly via a FREE remote session once you reply back to me; please ignore that paid remote assistance offer on this page - it's an automated offer, and not sent by me. Thank you,