Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When using Skype occasionally the other party cannot hear…

Customer Question
When using Skype occasionally...

When using Skype occasionally the other party cannot hear me. This appears to be quite random

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Audio controls on the computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a second Mac computer that I used to be able to use Skype on. Skype no longer functions on it and I can't seem to update the program

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/10/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

A. First of all, make a test call,

Skype's free test call is the easiest way to test your sound - it prompts you to record a message, and then plays it back for you to hear. How to make a test call. If you can't hear the voice on the test call, continue to the next step shown under the link.

B.

If your audio or video calls freeze, your video looks block-like or has motion blur, it might be your internet connection (or your friend's) causing the problem. If Skype detects a weak connection, it will reduce the quality to try and stop the call from dropping altogether.

Using a computer? Plug your Ethernet cable directly into your modem or router. If you're using Wi-Fi, try moving closer to the router.

C. Use the latest version of Skype: Click Me

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more -by(scrolling up) and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit), that would be greatly appreciated.

Please remember to rate for my time, work and efforts.