Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Techhelpline Ref: 557651229 Yesterday I spent over 3 hours

Customer Question

Techhelpline Ref:###-##-####Yesterday I spent over 3 hours on live chat with Samantha & Emily from techhelpline.My problem began when Google issued a security alert that someone had used my password ********@******.*** on 18th August 2017 & that I should change my password, which I did. But when I tried to send & receive using Outlook on my laptop, it didn’t recognise my new password ***** my old one either. Again I changed my password ***** to no avail. My main email account***@******.*** & my wife’s gmail account were not affected using outlook.
Upon returning home on 3rd September, outlook on my pc didn’t recognise my gmail password ***** I could however login to my Google account using my new password.Contacting Google via live chat several times did not resolve the problem, so Google sent me a link to techhelpline live chat.
Samantha took control of my computer & said that it was corrupted & that was the problem. For $179.99 she said that all would be fixed. She even stayed on my computer while I payed the money via Bpay, she copied the bank receipt & sent through authorisation to sign & she emailed back to herself.
Samantha then linked me on live chat to Emily but after the previous hour I went out for a break for 3 hours.
Upon returning home I phoned 1800-941-006 but a recording advised that “the user you are trying to reach is unavailable”, the same message is also used on Google’s website phone numbers.
Google live chat linked me back to Emily who took control of my computer for nearly two hours trying repeatedly to get Outlook to recognise my password. She finally got Windows to generate a password & this worked. Outlook then downloaded 600 gmails spanning 5 years, (in my Google mail account there were just 30, including deleted & spam).Emily chatted that everything had been fixed. When I enquired about my corrupted pc she advised that Samantha had fixed that but I didn’t observe her removing ANY files from my pc. And how could my pc, which was offline whilst I was away, affect my gmail account on my laptop?
When I asked Emily to reinstate my password ***** the windows one, she advised that she had but today I find that my gmail password ***** Outlook is 16 characters long & that my Gmail via Google is 9.
Please, could someone advise me how I can rectify this problem.For $180 I would have thought that techhelpline would produce better results. I still don’t know if my pc is corrupted or not.Regards,
Michael A Rennix
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: four weeks
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: outlook on PC & laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: did you read my message?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Are you able to get in to your gmail through outlook now?