Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

Ho Do I put an email on a litigation hold and still be able

Customer Question

Ho Do I put an email on a litigation hold and still be able to use it?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I received a letter from an attorneys office to preserve all information on the email in case they need to access it down the road. There have been no claims filed at this time. gmail
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: All three but mostly web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None...I was just told by my legal department to do something called a litigation hold however I still need to use the email for my current business
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Ricky Kresslein replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Some email providers, such as Microsoft Exchange, have a litigation hold option. Gmail does not have such an option. The best thing for you to do is create a folder and put all of the necessary emails into it, and make sure it does not get deleted. You can continue using the mail account.