Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have not used GMAIL for almost a year. Today I downloaded…

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have not used GMAIL for almost a year. Today I downloaded the latest client version and attempted to activate my 5 email accounts. I successfully got 4 working. I screwed up entering the password ***** the 5th one - probably a typo. I have tried following the recovery instructions but I am very computer illiterate and unable to follow the instructions. PLEASE HELP. The email address in question is***@******.***. and the password ***** D4404gJ4621l. I tried using the client instructions but could not follow them. The email address that works is very similar - [email protected] Thank you very much for your help. D.J.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

2 or 3 hours

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Incredimail or gmail client

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Incredimail offers a "help" screen but it is too technical for me. I am very computer illiterate and 78 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

What can I tell you that will help?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
9/8/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I tried to access your problem Gmail account with the password ***** mentioned but it says the password ***** changed 18 days ago. Did you make that password *****?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

I am trying to reset the password ***** Do you still use the mobile phone number ending in 16? Please tell me the full mobile number.

I screw up things easily so, yes, that was probably my change.

All I need is to know is what the current password *****

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY to know that. If password ***** ***** we need to reset it to assign a new password.

It was probably a typo and very close to the correct password.
Can you get the correct password ***** google?

Unfortunately, no, we cannot retrieve the current password, no way to do it. Please let us just reset it. Several failed login attempts can lock the account so guessing the password ***** ***** ideal. Please tell m e the mobile number.

How do we reset a new password ***** the old one?

That is why I am asking for the mobile phone number associated with the account, the one ending in 16.

I initiated the reset. You shall receive a code from Google. Please give me the code. I will create a temporary password ***** you. Then you can change it any time.

where do i enter the verificv=cation code?
code is G-6122959 of G-293831
I'll try again
G-293831

Thank you. One moment

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I was able to reset your password ***** created a temporary one for you.

Here is the link for a private note containing your password. This note will self destruct after opening it, ensuring that you will be the only one to read it:

https://privnote.com/EBx5Lt7v#fd3SkHyqm

You can visit this link using a web browser to change your password:

https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/security

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Unfortunately this was an unsatisfactory experience that did not resolve my problem. The "expert" may have been able to fix the situation if it had not been for a communications problem. I did not understand his questions which made my responses difficult for him. He could not bring his understanding of the problem down to my ability to understand, therefore, our conversation was of no value. I appreciate his effort but in this instance the system did not work to a satisfactory conclusion. As advertised please issue a 100% satisfaction guarantee refund to my credit card. Thank you, *****

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the miscommunication.

Were you able to get the password ***** created for your email account?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist