Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just got help from Steve in Florida to get onto my gmail

Customer Question

I just got help from Steve in Florida to get onto my gmail account. I spoke to him on the phone and supposedly everything was working but I still can't get into my email. The response is there is no email***@******.***. I believe there is a typo in your gmail records so that my account is***@******.*** and Steve did not see this was corrected.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just this past week. Last week following holidays, I was able to get into my account once, with text help, I changed my password. But not I can't get even to that point.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use when home this laptop computer. When I'm not in my home I use my Balckberry which is still receiving my emails.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said I worked on it last week and got it working but as of yesterday (I had been away again) it didn't work at all -- when I tried to get into my own account I could only load my husbands***@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I paid $47.00 for Steve to help me and I'm still at the same place although he thought he had it working!! thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question.

***@******.*** is a valid Gmail account. *****@******.*** is not.

Are you able to receive text messages at your phone number ending in 46 ?