UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

Having problem with Thunderbird email. I have HUGE numbers

Having problem with Thunderbird email. I have HUGE numbers of emails in my Inbox. Made mistake of changing it to sort by From field rather than Date. Now cannot get it to re-sort by Date again.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to answer your question

May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly? (connection is simple and secure)
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I close everything except Thunderbird? But let me also ask: I was concerned that if the program froze up while resorting, rebooting the computer could corrupt the email database. However, it would not run otherwise, so I attempted to reboot as safely as possible. Was that a valid concern?

Yes, everything except Thunderbird, do not reboot yet,

You requested Secure Remote Assistance, you will need to download remote connection software and run it.
Here are directions:

Please click on link below to start download, then Open/Save and Run the software, and accept the connection request
LINK --> https://www.898.tv/uranweb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm talking with you on another computer. Can you send the link to my other email address that I can access from the problem computer? That address is***@******.***

you can just type it from the screen

www.898.tv/uranweb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It will take a couple of minutes for me to get a window open

sure, I will wait

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, I'm trying to open Internet Explorer, which I don't normally use, and it's saying that it "cannot display the webpage."

You can use any other browser as well if you have any. Is the PC connected to internet and online?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I normally use Firefox as my browser, but when I open Firefox I have 7 windows open with probably 200 tabs ~ same reason I have 90K emails in my Inbox. And that bogs down a lot of the system memory and requires daily reboots. But I do NOT want to lose that whole mess of tabs. Guess I can try Firefox.

ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Stand by. I'm opening Fifefox ~ takes a minute, as you might imagine.

got it, standing by

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There you go.

connected

Thunderbird accessible and sorting "by Date" works.