Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I changed email address and cellphone this year. The old

I changed email address and cellphone this year. The old email***@******.*** should no longer be valid as I cancelled that account on 1st October 2016. However, I do still get messages to that email though I would prefer not to. I am with MyRepublic for all Internet setrvices and use Gmail for email,
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: No issue with my Gmail account. Only in trying to 'reactivate' Microsoft Outlook, which says I have problems yet won't recognise me under old or new email address.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I use Microsoft Outlook. I just click on the email icon and start to read and answer emails. Today it won't let me.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was 'invited' to talk to Tech Support, which is what I am doing.
JA: Anything else you want the email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It just threw me out there. As I don't know what the problem is, I don't know what questions to ask. I can't get into my account to reactivate it (what a strange word) because it isn't recongising me. This seems to be becoming a circular argument...

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are trying to delete the old email account @xtra.co.nz in Microsoft Outlook?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10. Why do I suspect anything extra you do will cost me money?

This is a one time support session per your request. Do you mean you are trying to delete the old email account @xtra.co.nz in Microsoft Outlook? Or is it something else?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cancelled my account with Spark (formerly Telecom New Zealand) on 1st October 2016. They wanted to charge me $25 a month merely to continue using the email address,***@******.***. I declined. I now have Internet services via MyRepublic and use***@******.*** as my main email address. I would have though***@******.*** would become invalid from the date of that cancellation bit, no, it continues to complicate my life.

Thank you. Are they charging you $25 monthly? Or is there no charge?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can remove the @xtra.co.nz email account from your computer for you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My computer? How do I know? I am NOT a business. I am a 75-year old woman in New Zealand simply wanting to use the services I pay for without all this hassle. I wouldn't even know where to look for the model no. on this machine.It''s an HP laptop. PS I do not want to claim that offer. I am beginning to resent wasting time when I have things to do. Not that you are doing anything less than your best, I'm sure.

We guarantee our service, so don't worry. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/ya7hqwsn
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/ya7hqwsn
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)

Connected, working on issue. Thank you.

Thank you for the remote support session. Please see if there is still any issue later on. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All fine now after three hours lost forever out of my life.Thank you for your courteous and helpful service, which was most appreciated.

You're welcome. Great. Thank you.