John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

My outlook stopped updating email about 2 weeks ago. I get

Hi - my outlook stopped updating email about 2 weeks ago. I get the email on my phone, but not on our desktop. Any ideas??

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok

Is this outlook.com email account or microsoft outlook email application?

Are you using a Windows or Mac desktop ?

What is the error message you are getting when you try to access the emails?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows... No error message... Send receive indicates all mail has been received... but no email since August 9....

OK so its outlook the email application,Which is the email account you access using outlook ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Outlook 2016

OK i understand.

Which is the email account you access using outlook 2016 ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the address? Is***@******.***

On your PC could you please login to your roadrunner email account using this link : - https://webmail.roadrunner.com/ see if you can access your emails using it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hmmm... are you there??

Yes i am here and i had replied to you with a web link,Haven't you got it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
via my phone??

No on your computer please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh goodness, it's asking for my password ***** which I do not recall. Shall we just connect you and you drive??

I will give you the remote support link in a moment you need to type it and open it on the computer.

Please type this web address http://tinyurl.com/yb5neqp7 in the address bar of your web browser like you did to open the above link.that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Connected and working on the issue.

Thank you.

Fixed the issue using remote support.

Sincerely,