Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am not receiving emails for one of my google email

I am not receiving...

I am not receiving emails for one of my google email accounts. It is not in spam or trash and no filters are on.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

I think it is google. no one owns the domain.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For a few months. I checked spam, trash, filters and I can send emails from that account, just not receive

8/21/2017
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Is there any filters set for the incoming mail ?

How do you access this gmail account is it using web browser or email application also are you using a windows or mac computer to access this email account ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

No filters. through Google Chrome, windows 10

Are you getting any error message on Gmail ?

No.

On the inbox does it show total number of emails ?

it says 1-50 of many. says i am using .55 GB

You mean 550 MB of email storage ?

It says that is what I am using but that my account has unlimited storage.

There is a storage limit but its definitely not 550 MB.I will give you a link to check the storage limit please give me a moment.

First make sure you are signed in to your gmail account that has the issue then open this link : - https://www.google.com/settings/storage then let me know the total size it used and how much left.

75 GB vs. 15 GB available, only 5% used

OK so its not storage issue.Have you tried sending test mail from another email account to this problematic one?

from a few different accounts, using gmail and hotmail. Nothing worked. I have not received an email to that account since July 11 from anyone.

Did you check the email forwarding section to see if the emails are being forwarded also have you tried changing the password ***** see if that helps?

Also if you have different inbox tabs please check if any of it have your new emails.

It does not show any forwarding addresses in settings. Looking at how to change password. I only have one inbox tab.

OK you can change password ***** this link : - https://myaccount.google.com/security?utm_source=OGB&utm_medium=act#signin then click on password ***** it will ask for current password ***** it then you will get the option to change the password.Please try it and let me know.

I changed the password ***** sent an email from a different account and nothing came through.

Other than this computer do you access this gmail account on any other devices if so have you checked on that device ?

I use my iphone and Ipad. No emails were received there either.

You are also not getting bounced email message either am i correct?

No one that sends an email is getting bounced message.

Is the domain of the email account ends with @gmail.com or is it something else ?

gmail
Sorry, that is wrong.
cacheadvisors.net

OK so you are accessing this email address using gmail am i correct?

hmmm....maybe my credit card expired with the domain?

If the domain expired you wont be able to send or receive emails.Let me check for further details.

There seems to be some errors in your email hosting please use this link to check it : - https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/cacheadvisors.net/

Who created this company email and domain for you ?

I think I did on godaddy. I think maybe it expired and someone took it. I tried signing into go daddy with the @cacheadvisors.net account and my email there and it says it does not recognize my email. This happened to a company I know. They never got a notice that their account expired and someone grabbed it when it did and tried to charge them a lot to get it back.

That is strange usually the hosting company sends a email before expiring.Does godaddy only host email or is their a website too?

both

is the website address www.cacheadvisors.net ?

I never set up the website but i owned the right to.

OK checking for more details to make sure godaddy is the one hosting it.Please give me a moment.

Its hosted by godaddy i checked it.Can you try to access your email using this link : - https://sso.godaddy.com/?app=o365&realm=pass

It says i entered an incorrect password.

have you tried the new password ***** the previous password ?

They work on my gmail to access my gmail account if I sign out. But not on the godaddy site. Pretty sure that someone has taken the domain and is now the administrator. Leaving me access to the account but not able to receive emails. Probably getting the emails themselves. I think it is a scam to get people to pay to get the account back.

I understand then sorry to say that you need to contact godaddy to regain control of your domain.

thanks

You are welcome.Is there anything else you like to know ?

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Email Support Specialist