John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

Windows 7 on my older laptop ... I keep getting a pop up

Windows 7 on my older laptop ... I keep getting a pop up from my smtp.mail.att.net server asking for my password, it has rejected every one I tried. I get the same pop up from my imap.mail.att.net. they are constant and stop me from working,
How do I find a place to change the password?

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Have you tried accessing your att.net email using web browser ?

Which email application are you using to access your att.net email ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1)don't know where my att.net email is or how to locate it.
2) trying to use microsoft office as my basic go to for email.

Do you mean you do not know your att.net email address ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can go to the att web site itself and there is an email access there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know my email address and I have a site for att.net that has it, but I don't know where to go to change the password ***** this
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried my password ***** att on the pop up, but it rejects it

OK so you can access your email using att.net homepage am i correct,if so when you click on the email option in the webpage does it go straight to your email inbox or to the user name & password *****?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you are correct. if I use my att website, the email process works fine.
But when I try to access my email through Microsoft Office, I get the request for the password, which is rejected every time

OK in that case may i remote access to your computer and check the issue directly and do the necessary.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has to be a problem with Outlook, do I change my password ***** the website (Think I can do that).. will that work?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
John, I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable with remote access, plus there is an additional cost that I would prefer to not incur
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'd like to try and resolve it with your help first

I understand.

in the att.net email page can you see a settings in it which most likely will be on the top left or right.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am at my att website and have accessed my accounts and have found the change password *****
I will try to simply change this password ***** see if that corrects the problem.. hold on please

Sure i will wait.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've changed my password ***** know the password. I need to go back to outlook and try again Should I restart to clear off everything with outlook?

No need you can simply enter the new password ***** outlook on both imap and smtp then check it and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will do.. hold on

Sure i will wait.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
apparently part of my program shut down due to inactivity so I have to restart anyway

OK i will wait while you restart and then check it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has finally opened and is running right now.. the problem was that it was popping up every minute and the screen is clear.. hopefully it worked !! Will give you a 5 star
Thank you for your guidance ...
If it comes back, I will ask for you specifically ! Again, thank you