Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been using Thunderbird for years.All of a sudden it

I have been using Thunderbird for years.All of a sudden it starts giving the message Please enter the Master Password ***** the Software security device. I have no clue what it wants.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: It has been quite awhile ago,
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On my mac
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None I have no idea where to start
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to access your emails despite the error?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I have had to start using macs mail program.

Are you saying that because of this master password, you are no longer able to view even your old emails?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can view old email just can'y get or send new ones.

Ok, I understand. Let me explain this to you. The master password ***** set by you which I believe it was accidentally and you did not know that it was a master password.

There is a way to remove it but then, ALL saved passwords for your emails will be removed as well. So you need to enter your email passwords again. Do you remember your passwords for your email accounts on Thunderbird?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? Or if you want me to send you the procedures for you to do yourself?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

I tried to accept your request for Secure Remote Assistance but there was an error from your end. Please fix the error so that we can start the remote session.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have fixed it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there still a problem with my card?

Thank you for requesting for my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, since you are using Mac, we can use Team Viewer.

Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx

In that page, please locate and download the tool listed under Additional Downloads labeled "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport"

After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
862 002 227 3eys23

Thank you.Please give me a moment to connect

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks I plan on giving you a good review.

Thank you very much!!!!