Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

The usual insert camera icon is no longer displaying on my

gmail account. It now...
The usual insert camera icon is no longer displaying on my gmail account. It now shows something which looks like a picture and takes my to google photos. How can I switch back to the photos on my computer?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just happened today
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: google web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well pearl I have spent a few hours trying to find what to do and haven't found anything that addresses this problem
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/17/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Windows 7
I would like to know how to ix this myself thank you

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me HOW you access your Gmail account? Are you using the Google Chrome browser?

I would like to know how to fix this myself thank you

Are you using the Chrome web browser to access your Gmail?

I am using chrome

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation.

I believe what you want to do is insert PHOTOS stored on your computer, instead of photos stored on Google Photos.

In this case, your only option is by using the paper clip icon that allows you to INSERT FILE stored on your computer. This is NOT only for photos, it allows you to insert other files for attachment to you emails as well like Word documents or Excel files.

Here is a screen shot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-37c91d12

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Thank you Jess. But I would like to know why gmail suddenly switched from the camera icon to the picture icon that now takes me to google photos. Is there some way I can switch between the two. I know I can attach files, but sometimes I want a photo to display in the email body - like a logo

Ah ok. I understand. What you actually want is to insert INLINE photos as opposed to making them as attachments. Please give me a moment to check for your possible workaround since that inserting of inline photos through the missing button you mentioned was already discontinued by Gmail. I will get back to you in a while.

Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, that "Insert Inline Image" button was long gone and cannot be restored since it was Gmail who implemented the removal of that button.

The good thing is, you can still insert INLINE images and this time, it will be easier and faster.

Since you are using Chrome, you can just DRAG AND DROP the image to your message body! That is, locate the photo you want to insert, then drag it to your Gmail message that you are composing, and then drop it there!

Please check my screen shot below:

http://filesxpress.com/d-698ea0e2

I hope that helped.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Thank you Jess

You're welcome and thank you for your patience. I am glad I was able to help.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist