Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to "send" or "forward" mail in outlook. It

I am unable to...

I am unable to "send" or "forward" mail in outlook. It stopped working the other day when I sent a donation to a go fund me account.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

About 5 days

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My desk top. I have a short cut when I click on my start button.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Monday I was on some help desk that told me to reset my password. so I did and I was able to send out from that account. but now I don't know where it is. I still have my account in the start button window and it still doesn't send. I tried looking at tools, settings, Manage accounts but it doesn't give me an option to fix outgoing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

8/16/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What email address are you using in your Outlook? Is it Yahoo Mail? Gmail? or others?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

1. windows computer
2. Hotmail

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you getting any error message when sending new email or forwarding email fails?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
No errors at all. My email window closes down whenever I hit "New Mail" or Forward

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=968f35ad-ed62-4399-8c3c-50402d3a483f

Best regards,
Jess