Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I need to access my network password and would like to

I need to access my network password ***** would like to change it.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I purchased my mother's home in October 2016 and the xfininty account is now in my name. I have been using the network since then which she had set up but do not know the pw. Would like to change the network name also. I have guests that need to access the Wi-Fi.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: cell phone
JA: Anything else you want Barun (IT Consultant and Email Security Expert with more than 11,000 5-star reviews) to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, do you have a computer that's connected to this network/router now?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no I can do it if you tell me how.

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session, and I'll reply back to you below now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok I will ignore remote offer. Waiting for your reply

OK, could you let me know if the computer is connected wirelessly or via Ethernet cable?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wireless

OK, great - we can retrieve the saved WIFI password ***** One last question: are you running Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
10

OK, please do this now:

RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left corner, and then click RUN.

Type in ncpa.cpl and press ENTER.

Next, right-click on the WIFI device listed and click STATUS.

Next, click "Wireless Properties" and then click on the Security tab at the top.

Tick the "Show characters" checkbox - do you see your WIFI password ***** in the Network security key field?

Keep me posted; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it. Is there a way to change the network name?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also WANT TO CHANGE PW

OK, if you need to change the network name and password, we will have to access the router settings from your browser now. Could you let me know the make and model of your router?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will just keep current name/pw Thanks

OK, no problem. Could you kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit? Thank you!