Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm not getting my emails to download properly. I have an…

Customer Question
I'm not getting my...

I'm not getting my emails to download properly. I have an error message that says either there is no default mail client or the one I have can' fulfill the messaging request. It continues - run Outlook.com and set it as the default. I don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Outlook, I have Office 365 and windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I have two main emails, the one that is a gmail.com is coming through fine, the outlook.com is not coming in at all and hasn't since late July. I can get the outlook.com by going to outlook.com webmail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

I am trying to change all of my email activity to use Microsoft but I still want to receive the gmail coms. I am having a great deal of trouble with contacts disappearing but this email issue is the primary problem now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, do you have both the Gmail and the Outlook.com accounts set up in Outlook 365 now?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.