Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

A message was sent to my grandson about a payment request

Customer Question

A message was sent to my grandson***@******.*** about a payment request being rejected by the bank. The account that he used has been closed. Please contact me about is owed and about the subscription - what he gets as well as total costs. I can be reached by phone on(###) ###-####
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I don't use Gmail, but my grandson uses his phone as well as a tablet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is a bill that is due and was rejected because the bank account that was used to open this service has been closed. I am trying to find out what is owed and what other commitments have been made.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Email
Expert:  UranMail replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Which account is the email about exactly? Are you sure it is not a fishing email?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I received a message on my phone that said it was from the ITunes Store. It said that there was a billing method problem for Apple Music individual; membership subscription for grandson. It was sent to his e-mail address. I was copied/
Expert:  UranMail replied 2 months ago.

Ok, this is an Apple question, I am Windows and Email expert, I will opt out and Apple expert will assist

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, I wish people still used phones. It is a lot easier!
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Can you please copy and pasted here the notification email from Apple? This will help us determine what the actual problem is. Or, a screenshot is preferred if you know how to take it and upload it here. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I received the message on my phone. How can I forward that to you?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Do you mean you are chatting with me using your computer, not a phone?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
As it is a Gmail address, you may access the Gmail messages from the computer if you know the password. Then you can copy and paste the content to here.
Alternatively, you may visit our site JustAnswer.com from the phone and get back the question there, then copy and paste the email content to the question, or even upload a screenshot of the email to here using the "add file" feature.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately, it is my grandson's gmail account and I don't know the password. He is on a camping trip and can't be reached.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Okay. There are some other methods, though a bit more steps might be required. You may:
(1) type the exact message word by word, character by character, according to what you see on your grandson's phone screen.
OR
(2) take a photo of the phone's screen using a digital camera. Then copy the photo from the camera to your computer as what youn do normallly to import digital photos.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is the message on the screen and my grandson's name s not Bib.
Heading: Billing method problem for Apple Music individual membership subscription
Message: Dear Bob,
There appears to be a problem with processing your current billing method. If further attempts are unsuccessful, this may prevent the automatic renewal of your Apple Music individual membership subscription. To update your billing information and avoid interruption of your subscription, click below and sign in to your account.View Account InformationRegards,
Apple
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for effort. I am reviewing it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
FYI - on a phone call, won't be long. Sorry.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem. I appreciate the help.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

That looks like fake email.